Hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, and Tracey wasn’t well for the past week – so I took on the task of getting groceries and cooked dinner for 14.
On the menu:
- Roasted turkey with traditional bread stuffing
- Fresh cranberry and apple sauce
- My mom brought a great meat dressing to go with the turkey!
- Smoked ham, with cloves, and an orange/honey glaze
- Mashed potatoes
- Slow cooker Maple roasted turnips and carrots
- Curried broccoli & cauliflower
- Baked some Pumpkin Pie Butter Tarts for dessert – a couple tips: I cheated with the pastry – and bought 3 dozen pre-made Tenderflake tart shells, then multiplied Chef Michael Smiths recipe ingredients by 1.5 to make use of a full can of pumpkin puree
My daughter helped with some of the vegetable prep, and both kids helped with cleaning the main floor, rearranging the living room, and setting up the additional table and chairs.
I’ll add some links in a bit to the different recipes I used!
It was actually pretty fun – had things coordinated pretty good I think – but I think we need an additional oven to make things a bit easier ;^)