I received a new waffle iron for my birthday a few days ago – a vertical style Cuisinart. Tried it out for the first time this morning, and it worked great! It makes thicker waffles than our old waffle iron (which was also a Cuisinart), I guess they would be a belgian style.
I used the Classic Waffles recipe from Allrecipes.com, and tweaked the amount of milk – adding a couple extra tablespoons so that the batter would pour nicely into the top of the waffle iron.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups warm milk +
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Plug in, and preheat waffle iron.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Fill scoop provided with waffle iron, and pour into top funnel. If the batter doesn't pour very easily, and an extra tablespoon or two of milk, and mix really well.