Skip to main content

New closet

Moved back up to our bedroom now that Tracey’s foot has healed up and gotten much better – we’re not sure that we’re thrilled about the upstairs/downstairs routine again, but the space is definitely nice!

One thing we decided to fix right away was the lack of closet space – so I made up a couple cabinets that I mounted along the length of the bedroom, added some 1.5″ dowelling between them, and we now have about 15 feet of closet! ¬†Everyone’s happy!

Record Cabinet

I’ve had a fairly large collection of vinyl that has been sitting in cardboard boxes for quite some time. Decided to dust off the collection and build some better storage for it. Researched on-line and found some excellent plans from the Audiokarma forum.
VERTGRAIN

 

casterThe casters I used are urethane wheels with precision ball bearings, rated for 275lbs.  Perhaps a little overkill, but they work great!

I used 3/4″ oak veneer plywood for the cabinet, and stained it with a combination stain/poly.

Pretty pleased with the results – will have to build another one to hold the rest of my collection!

Holds about 400 albums
Holds about 400 albums