This was a quick and easy recipe, that is delicious!
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
Quickest and easiest using a frozen pie crust, but would probably be even better using your favourite pie dough recipe from scratch!
- Bake pie shell according to directions, and let cool while making the filling.
- Add 2 cups blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 cup water to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stirring occasionally until the berries burst.
- Remove from heat.
- Make a slurry of the 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, and stir into sauce pan.
- Add remaining 2 cups of blueberries, folding into the thickened mixture.
- Let cool.
- Combine topping ingredients into a frozen mixing bowl, and whip until stiff peaks form.