Crockpot Maple Roasted Vegetables
Recipe type: Side dish
A great make in advance vegetable dish
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 pounds rutabagas/turnips
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Use large crockpot. Spray with cooking spray.
- Peel all of your vegetables, and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- Put all the vegetables into crockpot, add the olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and maple syrup. Toss to fully coat the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4-5. The vegetables are done when they have reached desired tenderness. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours.
- Add parsley and an extra tablespoon or two of maple syrup just before serving.