Made this for Mother’s Day – and it was delicious!
Pork Loin Roast BBQ'd on the Rotisserie
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 10 - 14
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8lb Pork Loin Roast
- Night before, add spices to mortar & pestle, and grind up nice and fine.
- Add olive oil and mix well with spices
- Rinse roast under cold water and pat dry.
- Rub oil and spice mixture all over the roast.
- Place into ziplock (I used a FoodSaver bag, and then vacuum sealed it), and into the fridge overnight.
- Next day
- Take roast out of fridge, then set up BBQ for rotisserie cooking, and start the BBQ, lighting the rotisserie burner only.
- After 40 to 45 minutes, put roast onto rotisserie spit, and place drip pan onto BBQ coals beneath the roast.
- Cook for approximately 18 to 22 minutes PER Pound, until internal temperature gets to 150 degrees F.
- Remove from BBQ and tent with aluminum foil for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Served the roast with apple sauce.
The rest of the menu consisted of steamed carrots, prosciutto wrapped asparagus spears roasted in the oven, baked potatoes with cheddar & bacon, and a delicious kale, pear, pumpkin seed, and spinach salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing.