Roasted Potato Samosa Pockets
Recipe type: Vegan
- 1 bag little potatoes - halved or quartered as necessary
- 1 can chick peas - rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp tomato paste concentrate
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bag cleaned baby spinach leaves
- 4 pitas - cut in half
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using a mortar & pestle, grind the garlic and garam masala into a paste.
- Mix the paste, olive oil, chick peas and potatoes thoroughly and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, turn the potatoes and give the chick peas a good shake, then cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes & chick peas are in the oven, mix the mayo, yogurt, parsley, cilantro, tomato paste, and lemon juice.
- Heat large sauce pan over medium heat, add remaining tbsp. of olive oil, and curry paste.
- When the curry paste becomes fragrant, add mayo/yogurt mixture, and add the potato chick pea mixture from the oven (and turn the heat off).
- Toss the mixture and place into serving dish.
- place pita halves into microwave to warm them up.
- Fill the pita halves with spinach leaves and a few large spoonfuls of the potato/chick pea mixture, and enjoy!
This was a delicious and easy recipe