Record Cabinet

I’ve had a fairly large collection of vinyl that has been sitting in cardboard boxes for quite some time. Decided to dust off the collection and build some better storage for it. Researched on-line and found some excellent plans from the Audiokarma forum.
VERTGRAIN
 
casterThe casters I used are urethane wheels with precision ball bearings, rated for 275lbs.  Perhaps a little overkill, but they work great!
I used 3/4″ oak veneer plywood for the cabinet, and stained it with a combination stain/poly.
Pretty pleased with the results – will have to build another one to hold the rest of my collection!

Holds about 400 albums
Holds about 400 albums

 
 

a new fridge!

A few months back, our fridge packed it in – fortunately we had a second fridge and figured that we could get by just using the one fridge. Well, after a few weeks, we decided that one fridge was not enough.
So the research began, and after some shopping around, we decided that we would up the budget a bit and had a new Samsung fridge delivered.  Was able to get a next day delivery, so that evening, I ran a new water line into the kitchen to supply the fridge water & ice dispenser.
All was good until I realized that the fridge was not going to fit through the front door (or any other door) of our older house.
Front view of Samsung fridgeSo the fridge was delivered to the garage – and the next day, after removing all the doors and door fronts from the fridge, and the screen & main doors from the house, the fridge was in the house! Great! Until another Homer moment…. the entrance into the kitchen was too narrow as well!
So, out comes the reciprocating saw, so quick work of the entrance and the fridge was finally in place.  It fit perfectly into space where the old one was – but this new one has way more space – almost 26 cu.ft. in a 30″ opening.
A little more work than anticipated, but  well worth it!  Love the space and functionality that the new fridge gives us.