Had a great dinner the other day at a restaurant called El Cortez, located just south of the Strathcona Farmers Market.
Along with some very tasty tacos, I had their Tequila Old-Fashioned – and it was awesome!
Had to see if I could find out how to make it – and I think I found their recipe here.
- 1 1/2 oz. reposado tequila
- 1/2 oz. mezcal
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 to 2 dashes Bittermens Xocolati Mole bitters
- 1 wide strip of orange zest for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, and fill with ice.
- Stir to chill.
- Strain into an ice-filled Old Fashioned glass.
- Twist orange zest over drink and use as garnish.