Things have been rocky lately with my Raspberry Pi running Homeseer – over the past couple weeks it was randomly stopping to respond. This began after attempting to update the system to the latest stable version (and being lazy I forgot to do a complete backup!).
After reflashing the micro SD card at least 4 or 5 times, I bought a couple new SD cards to use. Tried a couple more times and I thought I had things back, but 2 days later it all halted again. Enough with the Raspberry Pi.
I decided to get a license for HS4 Standard, and run it on an older Windows 10 workstation I have. The installation was a breeze – although I did have a hiccup when adding the interface – was a bit of a guess choosing the Sigma UBZ interface (I have a Homeseer SmartStick +), and then the COM port (1 or 3).
Service is up and running nice now, and a couple events set up – just have to work on them more and get my garage door events rebuilt and running again.