like pasta tonight, and had a boneless skinless turkey breast on hand –
so this is what I came up with. Was very tasty – and will definitely
make again – although I think I’ll use a little less chipotle pepper
next time to appease the kids!
|Turkey Chipotle Pasta
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 a large white onion (quartered and sliced)
- 1/2 pound of turkey breast (cut into 1/2″ cubes)
- few sprigs of thyme, some savory leaves, sprig of rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 red pepper – cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 small chipotle pepper – cut into fine pieces
- large can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8-9 basil leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup celantro – chopped
- Heat up saute pan, add vegetable oil. Once oil is heated up, add onions and turkey.
- Put garlic, thyme, savory, rosemary, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper into mortar and grind into a well mixed paste.
turkey is almost cooked through, and the onions are just starting to
turn brown, add the herb/garlic paste saute pan and stir in thoroughly.
- Add red pepper, and chipotle pepper.
- Let fry together for a couple minutes, then add can of diced tomatoes and stir.
- Once mixture comes to a slow simmer, add sliced basil leaves, stir, and then add sour cream, stirring thoroughly.
- Let sauce simmer and thicken. I added a 1/2 tbsp cornstarch stirred into some water to thicken a little more.
- Serve over freshly cooked fettucini, and add some fresh grated Parmesan.