Pulled Pork 2016
Recipe Type: Main
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemongrass mint balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 4.6 lb pork shoulder, bone in
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. red robin seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- Add water and vinegars to crock pot, add sliced onion
- Rub oil over pork shoulder, and let rest
- Mix all other ingredients together, then rub into pork shoulder
- Place roast onto onions in crockpot, and cook on low, 8 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot, remove bone, and shred.
- Strain fat from liquid in crockpot, and put liquid into saucepan.
- Simmer liquid to thicken, then add to shredded pork.
- Place pork into roaster, and broil for a few minutes, to create some crispy bits of meat. Stir, and broil again if desired.
- Lightly toast brioche buns