This is one of my favourites – I like to mix it up a little with the bitters from time to time
Recipe Type: Drink
- 2 oz. rye whiskey
- 3/4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes bitters – usually use Fee Bros. Whiskey Barrel Aged bitters, but like using orange bitters from time to time instead.
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Add all ingredients except garnish to shaker that is 1/2 filled with ice.
- Shake for 20-30 seconds
- Strain into chilled coupe glass and add garnish.