This was a quick and easy recipe, that is delicious!
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
Quickest and easiest using a frozen pie crust, but would probably be even better using your favourite pie dough recipe from scratch!
- [url href=”http://www.ality.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/blueberry-pie3-300×225.jpg”][img src=”http://www.ality.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/blueberry-pie3-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”alignleft size-medium” title=”blueberry-pie3″][/url][br]
- 1 9″ frozen deep dish pie crust
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small carton of whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon double bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Bake pie shell according to directions, and let cool while making the filling.
- Add 2 cups blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 cup water to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stirring occasionally until the berries burst.
- Remove from heat.
- Make a slurry of the 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, and stir into sauce pan.
- Add remaining 2 cups of blueberries, folding into the thickened mixture.
- Let cool.
- Combine topping ingredients into a frozen mixing bowl, and whip until stiff peaks form.